How To Correctly Size Your DIY Solar Pool HeatING
Use this 3 step guide to calculate the size of the solar heater you will require to heat your pool.
1. DETERMINE POOL SURFACE AREA.
Measure the width (W) and length (L) at the widest points of your pool as indicated below:
2. DETERMINE THE PERCENTAGE OF COLLECTOR REQUIRED TAKING INTO ACCOUNT THE FOLLOWING:
- Available roof size
- Northern States - Minimum 60% - 100%+
- Southern States - Minimum 80% - 100%+
3. MULTIPLY YOUR POOL SURFACE AREA BY PERCENTAGE OF AREA REQUIRED.
Note: By installing additional collector up to 100% & more will improve your heating efficiency.